We should not lose to the Thunder. The Cats lacked control in most of their possessions resulting in 12 turnovers. When they managed hold on to the ball, execution was a challenge. The most embarrassing moves came from Stephen Graham’s “Assists to Nowhere”. He threw the ball away two times during must-score opportunities near the end of the game
Congrats to the Thunder who pass the .500 mark before the All Star break reaching 15-14 for the season. Russell Westbrook looked fantastic and ruled the court with his 22 points, 6 assists and 0 turnovers. Durant got his 30 which never hurts.
Observations from the Game and the Broadcast
- The OKC Arena sounds like Charlotte Coliseum circa 1989. I wonder if they have that in-house volume meter that measures the crowd noise and gets everyone pumped up.
- Coach Brown ran a crazy play at the end of the half; long inbound Lob to Diaw who passed it cross-court to Felton for the 3pt attempt. Too bad he couldn’t make it drop. I enjoyed it regardless.
- Diop! Wow…6 minutes. I wonder what he did to earn that. Good to see you, brah.
- Steve Martin was all about some Kevin Durant, but it was Stephanie Ready who delivered the best Durant fun fact of the evening: He’s 6’9″ with a 7’3″ wingspan. Freak-o-naturrrre.
- Where are the Nazr jerseys in the team store?
- Diaw down low is just not working. At one point, he was even playing center. He managed to drain a 3 in the second half and it reminded me of how much of a threat he can be beyond the arc.
- April 12th is Stephen Jackson Day in San Francisco. I’m going next year.
The next game versus the Bucks is tomorrow night at the Cable Box. No TV coverage so get your tickets now.