Stephen Jackson contributes triple-double as the Bobcats defeat the Nash-less Suns, 123-105.
Knowing that Nash was going to be absent, I was excited to watch the two young point guards – DJ vs Goran Dragic. I was also stoked to see former teammates Stephen Jackson and Jason Richardson go toe-to-toe. Going into the game, Jack led the NBA in 3 pointers made, while JRich was 3rd.
The Augustin/Dragic contest was a wash, while Jack took the night; earning the first triple-double in Bobcats history (second in his career) and going 10 for 13 from the field.
Overall, the Suns looked bad and the Bobcats looked great. Charlotte outscored Phoenix 23-9 in the first half and the story was pretty much told. Hedo Turkoglu tied it up in the 3rd quarter with the Suns’ first 3-pointer of the game but then the Cats then went on a 15-2 run and were in control the rest of the game.
- Dominic McGuire saw his first action of the season. He didn’t score any points but affected the game. His +/- was +13. Also, Dell Curry and Coach Brown pronounce his name “Dominique” so I will follow suit.
- Suns were 0-8 from 3pt land in the first half.
- Gerald had 2 offensive fouls early resulting in only 1 point in the first half. He ended with 14 points. He also got a slick new “hair did”.
- Nicknames were abundant in this match up. At one point, DBrown, DMac, Ttime, GForce, and JRich were all on the court.
- In the 3rd quarter, Coach Brown went with a lineup of DJ/McGuire/Jack/Brown/Tyrus that proved very successful and entertaining to watch.
- In addition to the 15-2 run in the 3rd, the Cats’ closed out the Suns with a 9-0 run in the 4th.
- The last 3 minutes of the game were focused on Jack trying to get his final assist in his Triple Double.
- Boris, Jack, and Tyrus had a combined 72 points!
- Dell Curry is using the term “Big Fella” way too many times during the broadcast.
- Side note: Grant Hill, in his 16th season, is in the best shape of his life. He proved it the other night when he dunked-nasty in LeBron’s face. I would post the video but I think King James destroyed the evidence.
Enjoy the win Bobcats fans. The next game is against the Knicks on Wednesday night; Raymond Felton scored a career high 35 points the other night (video) and he is ready to face his former teammates at Madison Square Garden.